Room 10 Bright Sparks

Sunday 19 May 2013

I believed in myself and soldiered on!


Today we participated in the Interschool Orienteering Competition at Waiatarua reserve. There was excitement in the air as we were given instructions. The students from Glenbrae school were raring to go. We were pumped.

Last week we participated in the Tamaki Interschool Orienteering Competition at Waiatarua reserve. There was excitement in the air as we were given instructions. The students from Glenbrae school were raring to go. We were pumped.

First we took a deep breathe before we started running. We had a map each. We wrote our name, the name of our school, and the time we started on the sheet given to us. After our head start was counted down, everyone was sprinting, racing, and following our maps. Everyone was asking ‘is that number 123?’ and I just kept running because I didn’t want them to go ahead of me. As I was almost at the finish end, I was struggling to find number 135. Fortunately some classmates of mine guided me, they saved my life, it was a miracle, because I thought I was going to come last. But I believed in myself and soldiered on.

While I was running to the finish line we had to run through a path that was already organised. I sprinted my way to get my map checked off and to get my placing.  My placing wasn’t so close to the top but atleast I believed in myself.

I was so glad I finished the competition. Even though we had to do a lot of running, sprinting, and looking around for landmarks, I still made it through.

I learnt that believing in yourself makes you achieve your goal.


By Hannah

3 comments:

  1. Hannah I throughly enjoyed reading your writing. The introduction is very catchy. Keep up your good work and I am looking forward to read more of your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You believed in yourself Hannah and see what you were able to achieve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good writing Hannah. I really like your work I love the way you used adjectives.


    By Edward

    ReplyDelete